Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Time

Chloe and I did our nails in a red and green motif.  I love "girl time" with Chloe.  Woooot wooot! She is one amazing kid.
The holidays are a stressful time of year for most of us.  There is so much to get done and so many people to see and in the end you just want everyone to be happy and enjoy the holidays. Somehow that overwhelming desire to create this wonderful experience also becomes stressful.  Well this year to combat the stress I said I was going to drop my training plan and that has helped a ton.  Not worrying how to get in 20-30 mile runs has really allowed me to chill out but here is the thing...I need the running. 

I NEED running like humans need air, like fish need water, like mountain goats need mountains, like belly buttons need bellys, what??? Never mind.  You get my point. I need to run.  Running helps me think things through and helps me destress.  Running is my zen.  I need a good run to feel like I am me.  So this year I am working hard to make sure I take "me" time and get out for some runs.  For instance I had everything ready for Caitlin's (stepdaughter) Graduation Party so that I could go for a run this AM.  I have already lined up a movie date for Chloe with her older siblings so I can get another run in later this week.  These breaks are just what I need to remain sane during the holidays.  I love a good run.  I feel like I come to life and am filled with joy so, to give up running during the most stressful time of year is really quite nuts. 

Merry Christmas all of you out there.  Hope you find a little "me" time and squeeze in a run. 

5 comments:

NattyBumpo said...

Yup. It is when I turn off the portion of my brain that runs customer issues and all the other stresses and just let it go. I like to design steam-punk things that I will never build, but it is fun to go through the designs while I run.

Enjoy your "me" time and sneak out on Saturday morning when no one is looking. I figure if ANY day needs a little break it will be that one.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love starting my day with my little me time just incase "life" gets in the way later. When life allows I enjoy leaving all my work life stresses out on the road during my after work run. My family knows that mommmy is a much more balanced mommy when she gets to run.

Merry Christmas!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Love the picture! So cute. Running is my zen too! I need it...it makes me balanced and gives me what I need to give to my family. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah...I am finding I feel guilty and yucky and stressed if I don't get my workouts/runs in. So I have been doing my best inspite of the busy season. I am looking forward to 2011!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time and running. XOXO