Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hockey Tape and Other Odds and Ends


Sorry I have been so bad about posting. I was in VT visiting my Sister and then went to NJ for Doug's Grandmother's 100yr Birthday Celebration. Now that is amazing. And now that I am back home my mother is visiting so, I have been busy :).


I have been trying to rebuild my miles but, dang it is tough. Not in a cardiovascular way but in an injury way. My foot is feeling much better but I think whatever is going on with my left knee doesn't like more miles at all. Ughhh. I did finally figure out the taping of my foot. I now tape over my sock with Hockey Tape. I know it is odd and please don't tell Doug that is where is Hockey Tape is going but, the stuff is super strong and flexible and over the sock keeps it from taking of a few layers of skin. The Hockey Tape works a million times better than the other tape I was using so my foot almost doesn't hurt at all when I run now. Now I need to figure out how I can use Hockey Tape to fix my knee. Maybe it will be my new Duct Tape. Just realized I have an odd relationship with tapes :).
On yesterday's run I was left wondering if I was still in VT. After all I was wearing the exact same clothes as I ran in in VT. Not kidding the temperature in Dallas and in Burlington was the exact same. The only difference was the lack of snow. Now that isn't right at all.
And finally to round up my post of randomness :). I just read Jamie Donaldson's Blog and do you know what? She broke both the course and women's record at her race this weekend. She ran 118 miles in something like 18hrs, is that unbelievable or what? I just can't get over how fast she is. Her blog is one of my favorites because I am always inspired and floored at how amazing she is. Check it out if you have time.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Haha, I like the hockey tape!! Cheaper than that sports tape, too! I read Jamie's blog and was just floored - wow! You'll be there one day too, girl!! Hang in there..I know how frustrating a setback is!

Unknown said...

I am soooo telling Doug you are stealing his Hockey Tape! haha. Hang in there with the injuries. I am super proud of you.

tara said...

You wouldn't tell Reyna, I know you. :). Thanks Jill and in my dreams I will run like her but I think that is it for me. She is just too amazing. Just love reading her blog.

Unknown said...

Tara you too...are AMAZING. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. I don't know anyone else quite like you in that way.