Monday, March 14, 2011

Pine Mountain

I have been horrible about keeping up my blog lately but, as all of you know we have just moved and, as most of you know our basement flooded and we haven't been able to get the water to stop coming in.  Total bummer but, could be worse and we are figuring it out and I am once again finding time to run.  WOOOT WOOOT!

My runs have been awesome, no better than that, they have been those type of runs that make you feel alive, the kinds that feed your soul and give you wings.  I come home each day with my shoes almost black from mud, my legs throbbing from the hills and my hands messed up from falling.  I LOVE IT...what?  You think that is sick...no way...you are runners too so I know you get it.  I am starting to get used to running up Pine Mtn.  The transition from running in Texas where it is mostly flat and paved to this has been tough endurance wise, meaning I haven't been able to get in 20 milers because it takes me forever to get up and down the mountain but it is so much fun. It takes me all of 2 minutes to get to the trail head, makes the sinking house totally worth it, lol. 

I have no idea what my racing plans are this year.  I want to race so bad.  I want to pick and ultra and go for it but, I just haven't got into my groove here and figured out how to get in the mileage I need.  It will happen but for now I am in race limbo, AHHHHH!!!!!!! I am sure it will work out.  I do have a ton of ideas I am kicking around just no plan yet.


So here are some movies from toady's run.  I will get you some more soon.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm just glad you are running. XOXO Mom

A Prelude To... said...

Love the videos! Love trail running!!!! It's SO hard!!!