Monday, August 30, 2010

Podcasts

I have found heaven.  I know you all thought I considered running 30-60 miles heaven and I do, sort of...but...I get bored.  Oh there I said it.  I get bored and it hurts a little.  I used to just put on NPR and listen away but ... then... someone told me about PODCASTS.  OMG I am in heaven.  I am not joking here.  I have found nirvana.  I can run and run and run.  There is one slight problem, well if you call laughing your ass off while running a problem. LOL.  Some of hte shows I download or so funny that I get out of breath laughing.  And here is the kicker, you can download podcasts for free from itunes.  I just search under their podcast tab and find shows I want to listen to, then hit "get all" and they all show up on my itune thing on my computer and I can put them on my shuffle.  Yes I just said: something on itunes is free.  Woooo hoooo.  I know I wouldn't have thought it either.  From a company who makes gadgets that you can only listen to with their over priced headphones comes something free.  I am not here to question it, I will just rejoice in it.  Ahhhh the pure splendid joy of running listening to free shows about running, being a mom, current events, cars, etc. it is awesome.  So now let me spread the love.  Here is what I am listening to right now, if you have suggestions please oh please leave them.  Happy Running All.  And try not to get hurt running and laughing at the same time. 

Endurance Planet

Car Talk

The Marathon Show

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

Stuff You Missed in History Class

The Parent Experiment

3 comments:

Michael Blanchard said...

This American Life and Radiolab are my current favorites. On The Media is a good roundup of current news, and Dan Savage's Savage Lovecast is a bit of a guilty pleasure. I actually don't usually listen while running, but I can definitely see the appeal.

Unknown said...

OK, I don't even know what they are :(. Does that make me a loser?

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoy them, as I have no idea what they are. XOXO