Wednesday, January 13, 2010

G's and Food

The G's arrived yesterday (new running shoes).  I know, what sort of nutcase names/labels their shoes but, you can see below there is a method to my madness.  This morning I took them out and broke them in Tara style, yep figured anything under 20 miles wouldn't do :).  Their first run was a nice 21.2 miles.  Yay! They felt great.  Just love the first run in a new pair of shoes.  Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I can report that I hit 80 miles in 3 days.  This is the last week of hard core training before Rocky and I am really trying to put a hurt on my legs, so far I can report I am doing a good job.  I am finding that my toe socks keep the blisters (and missing skin area) from last week from rubbing each other so that is definately tolerable.  I also think I have figured out my race nutrition issues.  I am going to use Chews:

Then after 2hrs I am going to add in some Ensure.

And then for fun I will mix in some GF Pretzels and I think Peanut Butter with them but not sure on that yet.

Ok, so that is what I am bringing with me and then from the aid stations I will pick up potatoes chips, m&m's, flat coke and bananas.  That should round up my food intake for the race.  Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't get a wonky stomach.  Everything I read says to expect some puking during the 100 miles but dang I really don't want to throw up so home this plan works.  200 calories an hour.  Pleanty of water and fingers crossed. 


3 comments:

Marny said...

Your plan sounds great! I can't believe you'll be logging 80 miles in 3 days! Oh and do you want me to carry a travel sized toothbrush and toothpaste when I'm pacing? Nothing worse than several hours of running with throw-up taste in your mouth! Haha.

Becca said...

Sounds like you have things planned well! Good luck!

tara said...

Ok Marny didn't think of that. Will pack a toothbrush, you are right that would make it worse. But unfortunately you can't carry anything for me so guess I will just suck it up til I get to my gear.