Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No Resolutions Just Goals

I don't really do New Year's resolutions but, I do love a good goal. My first goal is always to be the best wife and mom I can be. Love my family. On the running front; my goals this year are to finish my 1st 100 mile race (Rocky Raccoon 100miles) it would rock to finish under 24 hrs but, I will take any time as long as I finish. Don't care if I have to shuffle, walk or crawl to the finish as long as I cross that line. Secondly I would like to run the Boston Marathon faster than my qualifying time. Guess that means speed work and hills are in my future, yuck! And double yuck! Beyond that I would really like to run a marathon with my good friend Cathy (a marathon virgin) and well I sort of have it in the back of my head that I would like to try out a 24hr race. I think that pretty much sums up this year’s goals so far, I am sure I will add to them as the year gets underway and progresses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will be nothing but honored to have you run my first marathon with me!! thank you in advance!!!! you have me teary eyed!!!

tara said...

I can't wait Cathy. I am so dang excited to get to run with you this year. You are one amazing lady.

Jill said...

Awesome goals! I just paced a friend in his first marathon and it's so incredily rewarding! A very Happy New Year to you - can't wait to read about your 100-miler quest!

tara said...

Thanks Jill, I am super excited for this year of running and for the marathon. Seems like so much fun to get to be a part of someones first time at a distance.