Thursday, June 2, 2011

It is GO TIME!!!! Race to Cure Diabetes 5K here we come...

Race to Cure Diabetes (Virtual 5K, 3.1 miles = 5K)

To enter go to this JDRF page and donate $10.  All entry fees are $10.  If you donate a chunk of money and it is for multiple folks all you need to do is let me know who is registered under your donation.  I will keep an updated log of all registrants posted on my blog.  If you do not show up, let me know and I will get it fixed.  If Blogger gives you issues with commenting just email me at: mommysarunner@hotmail.com

Basics
1. Donate $10 you are registered for the race
2. The race is from June 24-June27th (all finishers need to report finish/time by midnight on the 27th to be entered into the raffles).  Any time during that period you can get out there and run or walk your 5k.  Once you are finished, post your name and time (time not required) and if you send me a picture you get one extra entry into the raffle.  Pictures will be on the blog so if you are not ok with me posting it then don't send it.
3. Beginning on Saturday June 25th there will be a raffle once a day for all finishers of the 5K, so the earlier you get your 5k done the more chances you have to win one of our awesome prizes (and yes more companies have stepped up)
4. I will try and get all prizes raffled off by the 30th but, we may have to go a few extra days depending on the number of entrants and number of prizes.

Once the 5K begins there will be a list posted each day of all of the finishers with a number next to your name.  That number is simply your number for the raffle.  It doesn't mean anything else. 

The list of companies and folks who have donated continues to grow: Liz Day is making an awesome necklace, Cindy Roering is making scarf, Felt Creations is making a Felt Creation, Fuzzy Feet is donating, RoadID is donating, Head Sweats has sent a hat and visor, Sweatybands has sent a head band, RazzyRoo is sending headbands, Injinji is sending a pair of socks, and Tallygear is making multiple Sport Belts for the Race.  I have emails out to multiple other companies but would love more ideas so, let me know if you have thoughts on who might donate so we can make the raffle so big people can't resist. 

Lets show Type 1 Diabetes who is boss.  There has to be some answers out there for why this disease happens and how to cure it.  There just has to be a better way so, lets get the 10 lb heads the money they need to do the research and find a cure/solution.

Current List of Registrants

37 comments:

Nicole said...

WOOO HOOO can't wait. Me and my husband are soooo doing this :) Wonderful idea and fun!! Time to start training :)

Meagan said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! Love the fact that anyone can participate from anywhere! I'm going to work on getting hubby and teenage son to do this with me. Thanks for doing this!!! :D

Unknown said...

Sharing away...This is going to be so much fun to do with my friends in my computer! AND for such a wonderful cause. Truly, there are no words to express my Thanks Tara. I love you.

Amanda said...

This is awesome! My family and I will probably walk/run it too, can't wait. Try this girl for a prize donation, she makes pump packs and sells them on ebay
http://stores.ebay.com/PUMPN-IN-STYLE?_rdc=1

Anne said...

Sharing everywhere I can! I can't wait!

Kimberly said...

What an amazing idea! So creative!!!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Love it! Way to go!

NattyBumpo said...

I will be registered by Friday, and I will be shaming as many people I can into signing up as well. I posted it on my FB page as of about 5 minutes ago.

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Just pimped it on FB and will continue pimping every chance I get!

I have some friends who really like Luluemon workout wear...

http://www.lululemon.com/

Wonder if they'd be willing to participate?

Amy said...

This idea just oozes faulousity!!! Reyna and her family are lucky to have you on board. Thanks for all the work andfor outting it all together!!!

Seth said...

Fat kid. Ham Sammich. THAT's how on this I am.

Unknown said...

Awesome Tara, I'm in!

Denise aka Mom of Bean said...

Such a cool idea! Bean goes to Diabetes camp on the 26th so this will be a great 'family thing' to do before she's gone for the week! Will get registered when I get back to AK and will share it with as many people as I can! :)

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Great idea! Thank you, Tara, for organizing this and for all you do to help fund the cure for diabetes!!!

Just shared this on FB and will send a personal email to my running friends, too!

Hallie Addington said...

We are so in!! I'll do just about anything to give D a swift kick in the ass!!

Sysy said...

Just registered my husband and I!

Beth said...

Finally got myself registered! Now I'm spreading the word!

Suzi Walther said...

I'm registered! Go Tara! It falls on the same weekend as NW Regionals--I'll be racing 2x a day for two days and then fit in the 5k. No problem if its to fight diabetes!

Dingo Mom said...

I registered. I did not realize until I read Suzi's post, that it was a virtual 5K. I will be completing it on some level in Kenya ! I would love to send a pic from there with the kids I will be working with. Not sure how much internet access I will have to load it up, or post a "time" for that matter, but I will do it, and I will let you know at some point! This is awesome.

tara said...

Ah man Suz and Kelly you ladies made my day. Thanks. Kelly if i dont hear from you will know you did it and mark you as completed. Thank you ladies.

susanne said...

Okay Tara- Thanks for letting me do this now since Maggie and I will be at our own conference on VACTREL Association during June 22-27. My run was this morning with your crazy sister rollerblading and video taping/photo taking next to me.
My time was 34 minutes 42 seconds. A respectable if slow 11 minute mile. Your sister will be posting pictures and video or me and the blue flamingo. I will not admit anything about my relationship with the flamingo lets just say pictures speak volumes.

Karen said...

This is fabulous!!!! I just registered myself and my husband. And I'm finishing up a post for my blog to help spread the word. Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Can i join from anywhere outside of Vermont?

tara said...

yes you can run from anywhere in the world

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Already on my FB and Twitter, lol. I'll register from my computer as soon as I get home. I am in NYC on the 24-25th with 5 kids in tow. At a turtle's pace, but we'll do it :-)

Will keep sharing away too.

Thank you
D.

Anonymous said...

Ummm 3 kids, unless I birth another 2 before then. Not sure where I got 5 kids from.

tara said...

Thank you and wow!

Karen said...

Yea! I always seem to find the virtual races after they end and there can't be a better cause!

http://sweetie runs.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Just ran my 5K distance this morning as I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I ran over beautiful lake Murray in Lexington, SC and my time was 28:32. Where do I post my pic?

tara said...

Beth, could you tell me your last name? Great time. Send your pic to mommysarunner@hotmail.com.

Misty said...

I know that we are late jumping on here, but We ar in!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Just registered!

Sarah said...

registered :) and finished...I'll email you my time and pics :)

Jess said...

hey! my mom and i finished ours tonight! i am emailing you a pic! and it's not midnight yet where i live! ;)

mommykinz said...

Great idea - sorry I missed it!

devinefox said...

Any time during that period you can get out there and run or walk to you. Once, last name and the time the time is not required and if you send me a picture you get one additional entry in the clouds.


Online Pharmacy

Albert said...


have been suffering from (DIABETES) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the Internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr VOKE and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. VOKE telling him about my (DIABETES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr VOKE (doctorvoke@gmail.com) or text him +1(661)-797-0921