Sunday, July 31, 2011

Headlands -MC


Meet Mama Cathy

Mama Cathy (or MC as most of us call her) is an awesome friend of mine.  She was there at my first 100 miler and walked me into the finish.  I was in rough shape at that race and she just gently pushed and nudged me on.  Then a month or so later I flew to Modesto to run her first marathon with her.  We have seen each other a handful of times since then.  She is one rocking lady.  She is a single mom of 5 girls, she works full time and finds time to run.  She is way stronger than she realizes and I feel super lucky that she is doing this race with me.  Actually wouldn't have even signed up for the race if she hadn't said she could be there.  I picked it because it was close to her and I thought we would have fun.  

Me and Mama Cathy runner her first marathon.  Wahoooooooo. I think she was most impressed with my version of a Chariots of Fire ballet while running, bahahahaha.  Ok she seemed slightly horrified at my singing and dancing at first but I think I wore on her over those 26 miles.

I sent out the following questions to Mama Cathy:


Name: Cathy
You are a Running Mom so we already know you ROCK! So tell us what running accomplishment you are most proud of.
I am most proud of training and finishing my first marathon. the bug has bit me:)

What do you most look forward to in this race?
The thing I look forward to in this race is spending time with two awesome running mamas who I adore and of course being at a race. I LOVE races!!

When do you think you are going to do an Ultra ?
OHHH the Ultra question, well I do have my sights on a 50k, will see how that goes:).

What/When is your next race?
 My next big race is Nike women's Marathon OCT 16th, I will be running with TEAM IN TRAINING and I love TEAM!!!  
Anything else we should know about you?
I love to run, I have 5 beautiful daughters and an awesome assortment of running and non-running friends that I adore!! I want to learn how to rock climb, kayak, do a triathlon someday and just ENJOY LIFE.....ITS SHORT LETS LIVE!!!!

1 comment:

www.essay-helper.co.uk said...

Yes, sometimes someone's nudging may trigger us to courageous acts) So as with running!