Friday, December 17, 2010

Revised Training

I was in a bit of a Running Funk.  I think I just got overwhelmed with life and training on top of that was making me crazy.  Last week when Doug and I were in CT looking for a home for our up coming move I had an Epiphany, I don't have to train like a maniac all the time. Duhhhh!!! I know most of you are now thinking ...ummmm Tara that should have been obvious.  Sometimes I just don't have an "off" switch, especially when it comes to things I am passionate about.  I love running and I love the feeling of pushing myself but lets face it moms out there, the holidays are ridiculously busy.  And of course there is other stuff going on like... A MOVE!  So like I said I had an epiphany I could chill out and just run for the pure joy of running.  That is right I could just run and not worry about mileage.  And that is what I am doing.  Since last week I have just run when I can fit it in. I have scrapped my Rocky Training plan and am just running whatever distance feels good that day.  I have to say I have run 10 miles each day for the past 4 days so my training hasn't fallen off that terribly either.  I think I just needed to give myself permission to not train hard.  To let myself be ok with running a race knowing that I might be able to do better had I trained harder but that I didn't have time for that at this point in my life.  Family comes first and if running is making me crazy rather than relieving stress something needs to change.  I am officially throttling back for now and we will see what January brings. 

On a housing note: We did find a great house in CT and plan to move in February if all goes well.  I think I will still make Rocky but am pretty sure I won't make the Austin Marathon (total bummer was going to get to run with Theresa again). 

And the winner of the belt is (you should hear drum roll here):  Crafty Jogger
Please send me a note with your Name, Address and which belt you want and I will let Donna know.  Congrats, you are getting one awesome belt.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to the Crafty Jogger!

AND...I have been finding the same thing AND I don't even have a move in the mix. I am having to cut back on workouts between holiday stuff and the ice rink detail. :( Oh well...in 2011 I will pull myself back together!!!

NattyBumpo said...

I agree with that model of thought whole heartedly. I just need to get up and start running again. Maybe if I didn't stay up until midnight? Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one.

I like the little survey deal at the end. Is that some new google-gadget? I like it.

Hungry Like a Hippo said...

Wooohoo! I'm excited I won! My internet was down all week...what an nice surprise now that I'm back online =)

Am I supposed to send you that information via e-mail? Could you tell me where to send it. I couldn't find an e-mail address on your blog. Thanks again!!

tara said...

Crafty Jogger, I tried to get ahold of you via a PM and by posting you had won but I never received a reply so I went ahead and picked another winner. I can still send you a headband that I have from Tallygear. It rocks. If you would like that let me know. So sorry wasn't sure how else to get ahold of you.

Hungry Like a Hippo said...

That's okay! Sorry for the inconvenience! Here is a dumb question, how do you PM on blogger? I didn't know that existed!

tara said...

Well send me your address and I will get you the headband, atleast it is something. My email is taratosta@hotmail.com. What I did to PM you was go to your profile and it said "send message" I clicked on it and a window came open and I sent you an email and my hotmail was the return address. Did you get it? I hadn't tried that before but I was desperate to get ahold of you.