Wednesday, June 2, 2010

45 miles

A cool interview and spotlight on Dean K. I think it was on 20/20 last night but couldn't stay up to watch.  Oh how sad, lol.

Yesterday I woke up at 2am with the goal of running 50 miles by the time I needed to pick Chloe up from school.  I figured with everyone coming into town and the Graduation party I better get my running in early this week or I wouldn't get the chance to run and would be grumpy. :) So I woke up and headed out the door but, by mile 15 I was having issues.  I am not sure if it was the stress of this week, how tired and run down I am or all the miles from the previous weeks but dang I was beat.  I got in just shy of 18 and went home, checked on Doug and Chloe and drove over to Cindy's house.  We headed out for I think just over 7 miles and by the time I dropped her back at her house I was thinking: you know I have over 4hrs of running time left and only 25 miles to go to my goal and who cares if I come up short, I just need to keep going.  And so I did, I began running and when I was tired would walk and then ran and then walked and I got in 20 more miles.  So my 50 miler became a 45 miler which isn't the greatest but, I went through some ups and downs and worked through them.  I think it was probably a better training run than if it had gone smoothly.  Ok or I am just telling myself that. Anyhow I don't feel all that disappointed.  I am sort of proud I kept going when all I wanted to do was quit.  I have a few more miles to pound out this week and then a rest week next week.  Ahhhhhh rest week.  What to do with all that time? 

2 comments:

GDBpuppyraiser92 said...

45 miles rock!!!! and so do you, Pea!! way to go, you kept going when clearly you were tired!! i am super proud of you!!!

Unknown said...

Great job! and I think you are onto something with that being an awesome training run...when you are not feeling 100% and everything is going "smoothly" - the rough runs will help you through the tough spots on your race. I am sooo proud of you.