Monday, March 8, 2010

Crisis Averted - I think


Ok crisis is a strong term and relative. But, I think once I explain you will see that this hat issue was a crisis :). I have a hat (see picture). I have had this hat since college. I got it for rowing on Lake Cachuma in the winter, you would be surprised how cold a 5am practice in the mountains above Santa Barbara can be. After college the hat transitioned to a running hat. It is wool and lined with fleece. It has flaps that keep my ears warm. It has a little pom pom that just makes me smile. I adore this hat. Recently it got me through the last 40 miles at Rocky. It is my go too cold weather hat. So I took it with me to Vermont two weeks ago. I used it for running and for playing in the snow. When I got home I realized it was a little funky. It had some stink on it. So I threw it in the wash. I didn't think about it. I just threw it in and since I didn't think about it, I of course transferred it from the washing machine to the dryer. I know I know. How could I? But, I am a mom of a toddler, I get distracted, I get absent minded, I mess up. Oh my poor hat. When it came out of the dryer it was so small it probably wouldn't have fit Chloe's noggin. So I did what any person would do: I sent out an SOS on Face Book. Thank goodness a Middle School buddy saw the post and looked up an answer for me. So tonight I washed my hat with conditioner and then stretched it with all my might. It currently fits but it is tight. It is drying in the shower. I think it might actually fit again. Oh please please Hat Gods let my Lucky Hat fit again. Don't take it from me this soon.
Side note: Are you wondering what other Face Bookers were wondering? Had I ever washed the hat before. I have owned it for 10yrs after all and I work out in it. The answer is: I am not sure. I can't remember but, I have to assume at some point I have washed it. In fact I think the reason the brim is a bit messed up is due to a wash. But, to be honest I can't remember. I know ewwwwwww. Super Gross. Sorry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha...EWWWWWWWWWWWWW....even if you only washed it once......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I hope your hat stretches back out sis.

I DO NOT want to hear about my showering issues AGAIN after the hat saga!

Love Ya!